Shrimp Casino, Shrimp in a Peppers, Pancetta Sauce . If you have ever eaten Clams Casino, you know how wonderfully delicious the bacon and seafood combination is . The same is true for this Casino Sauce with Shrimp. Gently rendered pancetta with scallion and red pepper cooked together with white wine and fresh tomato, seasoned with fresh thyme, is the base for shrimp recipe.
This dish can be created start to finish in less than an hour. Serve with basmati rice and dinner and you are all set, Shrimp Casino, Shrimp in a Peppers, Pancetta Sauce. Let’s Cook
Shrimp Casino, Shrimp in a Pancetta, Pepper Sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs Fresh Shrimp, cleaned, veined and tailed
- 1/2 cup Pancetta or Bacon, finely diced
- 1/2 Red Pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, pressed
- 3 tbls Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large Scallion (or 2 small) minced
- 1/2 cup 3 Cherry Tomatoes, or 1 plum tomato diced
- 1/2-3/4 cup Dry white wine
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs, optional
- 2 tbls Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Fresh Thyme to taste
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- piece Fresh red hot pepper to taste
Devein, clean and remove the tails of the shrimp, set aside
In a non stick wok style pan, add olive oil, garlic, diced pancetta, diced red pepper, scallion and hot pepper cook on a medium heat, hot enough to render the pancetta, but not to burn the pepper, onion,garlic mixture. About 10 minutes,
When the bacon is rendered and the peppers soften, add the tomatoes, the white wine, salt, pepper and fresh thyme, cook for another 5 minutes, until the wine tomato and sauce reduces.
Add the shrimp, cook another 10 minutes, the shrimp will become opaque when it is cooked. Taste to readjust the salt and pepper.
Optional Parmesan Breadcrumb topping:
In a small non stick skillet, add breadcrumbs, on a medium low heat, toast the breadcrumbs until they become golden brown in color. Remove from heat, add parmesan cheese, set aside
Serve alone, or with basmati rice. Optional, sprinkle the parmesan breadcrumb topping lightly over the shrimp when serving,
Some other recipes to try