Chive Potatoes with Greek Yogurt, a light take on a favorite summer side, Potato Salad. A Meatless Monday recipe that also works for summer cookouts , these potatoes are easy to prepare, light and healthy. I love adding lots of fresh chives, they add an light oniony crunch along with a beautiful dark green contrast. Pack your picnic basket with, Chive potatoes, Tangy Grilled Chicken Tenders in a Garlic, Basil Lemon Oil Marinade or Thyme-burgers and your ready for Summer. Lets cook!!
Chive Potatoes with Greek Yogurt
Light and Healthy version of a Summer favorite
8 large potatoes or 16 small potatoes
2 containers of plain greek yogurt (* I used 0% fat)
3/4 cups of chopped fresh chives
Sea salt fine and course grain and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Scrub the potatoes, put them in a pot, add cold water, course sea salt, bring to boil. Depending on the size, potato cooking time will be 10-15 minutes after water boils. The potatoes are cooked when a knife inserts easily. Drain and let cool.
- When potatoes are cool , peel (optional), slice into large bite size chunks, place in a large bowl
- Add the yogurt, salt (fine) generously to taste and fresh ground pepper
- Add the chives and mix well
- Serve at room temperature
Buon Appetito !!